16x Step Up / Down UV CPL Filter Ring DC147
- The ring adapter easily screws onto the front of any lens, and converts the thread size of your lens to the thread size of any other accessory (such as filters, hoods, flashes and lens converters).
- Made of high quality anodized black aluminum (metal). Color: Black.
- Extremely solid and lightweight. Specifically designed for your camera for a tight and secure fit. No wobbling or cross-threading.
- Your camera's lens thread size will be marked somewhere on the lens barrel. This number is always preceded by a "Ø" (diameter) symbol. For example: Ø37 = 37mm lens thread size. This number can also often be found printed on the back side of your lens cap.
- The first number is always the lens thread size, the second number is the filter size of the accessory. If the first number is bigger, it's a step-down ring. If the first number is smaller, it's a step-up.
- A must have accessory to unlock the full potential of your camera!
- Accessory only. Camera and filter UV not included.
- 49mm-52mm Step-up ring x 1
- 52mm-55mm Step-up ring x 1
- 55mm-58mm Step-up ring x 1
- 58MM-62mm Step-up ring x 1
- 62mm-67mm Step-up ring x 1
- 67mm-72mm Step-up ring x 1
- 72mm-77mm Step-up ring x 1
- 77mm-82mm Step-up ring x 1
- 52mm-49mm Step-down ring x 1
- 55mm-52mm Step-down ring x 1
- 58mm-55mm Step-down ring x 1
- 62mm-58mm Step-down ring x 1
- 67mm-62mm Step-down ring x 1
- 72mm-67mm Step-down ring x 1
- 77mm-72mm Step-down ring x 1
- 82mm-77mm Step-down ring x 1
Using Step Up And Step Down Rings To Take Better Pictures
What is a step up ring
Step up rings, also known as adaptor rings, allow you to use filters and accessories that are not the same size as your cameras lens. Lenses and filters come in a large range of types and sizes and unfortunately they don't always fit together correctly. Fortunately there is a step up or step down filter for just about any need.
How step up rings work
Step up rings provide a way to fit a larger diameter filter or accessory onto a smaller lens. The step up rings screws onto your lenses threading and provided a larger thread with with you can then attach other elements included more step up rings.
How step down rings work
Step down rings work in the exact same way but instead provide a way to attach smaller accessories and filters to larger lenses.
It is important to note that typically, the farther away from the lens you place a filter the worse the optics will be. It is always best to look for the thinnest adaptor ring that you can find as these will keep the filter close to the lens.